[oletrucks] Joining the club

To: "Oletrucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Joining the club
From: "Willard, Andrew" <andrew.willard@experian.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:48:37 -0700
Hi all,

I am new to your list and new to the love of old Chevy trucks.  I have been
more of a 60's and 70's muscle car guy, but for my new project I decided to
go after a 50's truck.  While looking about, I found a 53 panel that I
absolutely had to have.  So I'm headed up to the San Francisco Bay area to
pick it up this weekend.  My early plans for this truck will involve a
frame-up resto-mod with an IFS, four wheel power discs, 383 Chevy sb, &
TH350 tranny.  This is by far my most ambitious project to date, and I want
to do as much of the labor myself as possible.  This list has already become
a valuable resource and I look forward to picking your brains and, who
knows, maybe even offering my own insight on occasion.

I have noticed that there is an aversion to the discussion of IFS on this
list.  And looking back to the September archives, I can see why.  So to
keep this off of the public discussion, I would appreciate any direct
comments, experiences, observations any of you have had with different IFS
systems, be they Mustang II, Chevy truck, corvette, or aftermarket setups
bolt on or weld up.  I am open to all of my options at this point.

Thanks and wish me luck.

Andy Willard
Tustin, CA

89 Chevy S-10 / driver