[oletrucks] Gas Guage Sending Unit

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Guage Sending Unit
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:35:01 EST
Say Old Truckers,

    I removed my sending unit/float mechanism today.  It was rust welded
solid. Probably happened during the seventeen years she was in storage.  I
just ordered a new one.  To get the old one out, all of the screwheads
twisted off, due to being rust welded in the tank.  Would any of you suggest
a way to get these out.  Could I go ahead and drill the old ones out and re
tap them, or leave the stubs in and use a few selftapping screws with good
gasket sealer?

    I think I've pretty much rulled out heating them with a torch. LOL

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL