RE: [oletrucks] Someone who doesn't quite understand??

To: Rick Warren <stovebolt@classictruckshop.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Someone who doesn't quite understand??
From: Don Hartman <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 08:03:33 -0700
You guys thought I was kiddin' about the shepherd didn't you?  Another
point to ponder is that this individual appears to have the luxury of
taking at least one pass-time to work with him (or her).  How many of you
can say that you can take yer 'ole truck to work?  (More so than just the
drive).  Herding sheep is a big business, especially here in south-central
Idaho.  One of the longest standing right-of-ways in the history of this
state is right through the ski and golf resort towns of Sun Valley &
Ketchum.  We always got mixed reviews when these 'range maggots' headed
south through town, but it has always been a necessary evil.  To off-set
the hassle, city commissioners decided to turn the event into a
money-maker, and now (as for the past 4 years) we have the annual 'Trailing
of the Sheep' festival.  Not everyone's hearts ate in this, but what the
heck, to each his own.  To check out what I'm talking about, either of
these links will get you to a recent news clip from this event. The first
link shows a picture of the sheep right on Scenic State Highway 75.  I
would be willing to accept wagers on the purpose of this bumper extension...

http://www.mtexpress.com/1999/10-13-99/sheep.htm

http://www.svguide.com/scalendar.htm

Don Hartman
'55 2nd DeLuxe (with bumper guards not sheep catcher)
Hailey, Idaho (amid the sheep)