Re: [oletrucks] TF suburban sliding windows, Eastern US...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF suburban sliding windows, Eastern US...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:32:51 EST
     I guess most of the Subs I see here are more commercial vehicles, they
have no seats in the rear, no mounting places for them, just the wooden
floors. Could be they were more popular out west where it was hotter, and
they needed them for passenger comfort, whereas in the East, they used them
more in the city for commercial use ( mine has a florist sign painted up on
the top front edge of the roof ), and you wouldn't want someone breaking into
them by sliding the glass back to reach into the truck. Purely speculation,
but I've yet to see any rear seats or mounting pads in any of the 10 or so
Subs I've seen, and that includes most of the ones I've seen fully restored
at Carlisle truck show, although I think that one '58 at Carlisle I have on
my website does have the sliding glass. More the exception around here than
the rule, I presume. Do all you Sub owners out there have rear passenger
seats in your trucks? Mine had none, and no mounting holes drilled or left
open that I could see, and of the 2 or 3 at Leon's, none have rear seats ,
and only this one had sliding glass. I'll bet the sliding glass was common in
those Subs used as passenger vehicles, whereas the commercially used ones
preferred the solid glass for security reasons. Oh well, wish I could find
more of the sliding glass options around here! Most of the panels and subs in
Leon's have commercial paint jobs on them, promoting plumbing, electrical
services, etc. Maybe one day I can go out west to pick thru some less rusty
parts trucks , LOL.

Jerry