[oletrucks] Jacked by a list member!!!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Jacked by a list member!!!
From: "Gage L. Thompson / Schulz" <Gagejohn@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:34:32 -0600
Hi guys, I've been a list member for about a year and 1/2 and have grown to
trust your advice, offerings etc and I'd like some help with a problem.  I
guess I got jacked by a fellow list member.

I purchased a disc brake setup for my 59 TF, well, as it turns out.....I got
55-58 Car stuff.

I know people can make mistakes, but, I e-mailed him several times to try
and resolve it.  Here's how I went about it, let me know if this didn't
sound diplomatic:

Dear,_____I was wondering if you could help me with something.

I bought the Task Force disc brake stuff from you about 90 days ago. Well
turns out the brackets for the calipers are for 55-58 Chevy cars...also, I
don't have the bearing adapters...and really don't know if I've got the
correct bearings.

I was wondering if you could do me a favor and try and go back where you got
them and get this lined out.

I'm not blaming you, I just feel your misfortune has been inadvertently
passed on to me.  Soooo, I'm feeling the $275 I gave you for the complete
kit is a little off.....if I've got to spend $150 to get the brackets and
bearing adapters, bearings etc.

Hopefully this was just a mistake by whoever you originally made the
purchase and we can get them to take the hicky!?

No hard feelings, just help me get this lined out.

John Schulz
59 3100

Would you guys take this as a lesson and let it slide, or, should I disclose
this guy to the list.....because I've seen him list several things before
and after.  I don't want to bash, just give everyone a heads up.

I'm open to opinions about this and it will determine my actions....list
wise.  Also, fellow salesman, if you're reading this, and decided to help me
resolve this matter....I'll drop the whole thing....no hard feelings.

Also, I'm still going to need to figure out what bearings and races to
get....soooo if anyone has an Idea, let me know.

Thanks!