Re: [oletrucks] Re: updated search field info......Now we know..

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com (Deve Krehbiel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: updated search field info......Now we know..
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:10:45 -0600 (CST)
--WebTV-Mail-24857-1671

AMEN to that!  Right on Deve!

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.
'49 Chevy 3600
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49side1.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49grill.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49tailgate.jpg

--WebTV-Mail-24857-1671

From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:51:07 -0600
Sender: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net

Thanks for the info, I hate it when I get screwed by someone when it could
have been avoided had someone just come out and said who it was. I am one of
those who has no regard whatsoever for legal issues such as slander. As a
matter of fact, the old joke about "what do you call 1000 lawyers at the
bottom of the ocean"................"a good start!" really about sums up my
feelings for lawyers in general. In specific however, I have a few good
lawyer friends. Meanwhile, just come out and say it when someone screws you.
If you save any one of us from the same fate, you will have done humanity a
favor.

On the other hand, I would like to point out that in all of my years as an
assh*le, I have never met such wonderful people as I have since I started
messing with these old trucks. The people on this list in general have been
very informative and kind in answering my stupid questions and the industry
as a whole has some really exceptional people in it. A few names come to
mind not associated with this list, but you all have heard of the
companies....

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark Jansen, the owner of Chevy Duty the other
day. He is a very kind, patient and personable fellow. He took the time to
answer my questions, show me his really impressive operation, and I went
away feeling that I wish I was as nice as he was. Jim Carter is exactly the
same way. He is someone you can talk to and his knowledge of these trucks is
amazing. Jeff McCoy over at Bowtie Bits is another guy that gives you a
sense that he knows his stuff and isnt out to take your last dime. Then
there is Marsha Williams over at American Classic. Altho I havent yet met
her, her emails to me have been kind, business practices fair, and a really
friendly person. I know some of you have other favorite vendors and thats my
point. So many really friendly people who wont screw you. If you want
something, call these people and pay the price for the service they provide.
They not only wont screw you, but they cant because they do not want the
publicity that these lists can instantly provide. My opinion is to stay off
Ebay and stay away from the shadetree operations or pay the consequences. I
like to go to Vegas to do my gambling. When I am buying something for my
trucks, I want to be able to send it back if its wrong, get the part in good
condition, and sleep nights knowing there are people behind these parts who
care.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html

--WebTV-Mail-24857-1671--