Re: [oletrucks] Happy birthday

To: ADvent@thuntek.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Happy birthday
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:23:14 GMT
New Mexico Jim,

There was or still is a series on this subject on the History channel.  I
watched it this last Thursday.  They usually re-run the programs for a week
or so so maybe it is still running.  The Army used trucks for the first time
when they got after ole Poncho Villa down by the Rio Grande.

The program was sponsored by 'The American Truck Historical Society' and
mostly talked about the BIG RIGS not real trucks like ADs.  It would have
been more interesting if it had mentioned Chevy 1951 1/2 ton Deluxe 5
windows but hey this isn't a perfect world.

>       Does anyone know when the military first started to use trucks and what
>the hauled and what they did before trucks were invented??

Durwood  Semper Fi 1972-1994
51 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window