[oletrucks] Speedometer needle

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedometer needle
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:56:51 -0500
My original truck (1 year ago) came with a needle that worked for the first
10 miles or so.  The odometer has worked without a problem all along.  I
pulled a second needle from the junk yard.  Then replaced the needle on my
speedometer.  However it bounced around for a while then broke into two
pieces.  I think I could crazy glue it back together but is this balanced
and would it affect the correct speed reading?  Or should I try a 3ed needle
(sounds like Florida) or get the whole thing rebuilt.  When I placed the
needles on before I could not understand where the needle should be
pointing - there did not seem to be a starting place for the needle on the
speedometer.  There was no D or cutout to push the needle into so it could
only go on in one way.  Any input would be great!

Jim House
Hollis, NH

I may be back in the posting business again!