Re: [oletrucks] Paint

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:36:44 -0800
Defects on or above the surface of the paint can be removed with a DIRT NIB
FILE.  These are commercially available or you  can make one by cutting off
a short piece of a vixen body file.  Place the file lightly on the paint and
use straight, short strokes in one direction only.  After filing, wet sand
with Fine 1000 and then Fine 1500 paper, then microfinishing compound.

I'm taking Collision Repair at the local Community College and this
procedure is right out of the text book!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA
Chevy Trucks: 2-'46s & a '39