[oletrucks] '46 water pump

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] '46 water pump
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:11:32 -0600
Wayne,

Again thx for your input.  I hope that you remember this train of thought.

It is not the fan wobbling against the pulley, it's the pulley wobbling
slightly on its shaft.  The fan is tight to the pulley.  But I wonder if the
water pump shaft or pulley race being the culprit spells trouble.  The
maximum "wobble" is about 1/8" measured at the outside of the fan.  Any
thoughts?

Hey, per your direction, the fan is nice and glossy black anyway.

Also, you were right on about the negative ground.  I switched from a
positive ground to a negative ground and everything seems to work great!

Another question:  How do you open the filler plug on the lever action
shocks to be able to add fluid?  Possibly an impact screw driver?

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe
Austin, Texas