RE: [oletrucks] O2 sensors/ Air/fuel ratio guages

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] O2 sensors/ Air/fuel ratio guages
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:49:45 -0800
Dustin, I would stick with the factory settings(jetts). No matter how big
the carb is or what you put it on it still delivers fuel based on how much
air is being drawn through it. From all the stuff that I have read it seems
that if you are changing jet sizes that there is another problem affecting
your carburation. I came real close to using the o2 sensors myself until I
finally discovered my real problem which was a very small vacume leak. The
o2 sensors would have shown this. The sensors also measure heat at some
point which effects the millivolt reading. Go to this guy site and then go
to holly carb tuning and read what he has to say, it made alot of sense to
me.  http://www.bob2000.com/

He may also be able to answer your other question about how the old sensors
work. Are you sure 400+ HP is going to be enough power, Wow.
Whatever happened to your jimmy that you were building?
Eric Johnson
Vista,Ca (San Diego)
48'Carryall w/56'GMC 270
49'Carryall w/Rust