Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original

To: jhouse@ccsolution.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:45:43 EST
In a message dated 11/27/2000 5:35:11 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jhouse@ccsolution.com writes:

> One other problem.  The bottom piece that holds the oil has a very small
> hole in it.  It is about as big an if you would take a pencil and poke into
> where the lead stops.  I am wondering what would be the best thing to use to
> fill this hole and also retain the oil in the bath.

Before I updated my drivetrain and eliminated the old air cleaner, I cleaned
and painted mine. I also found a small hole that had been dripping a lot of
oil for years. I was able to stop the leak with JB Weld, but I'd bet that
many products would work as well.