RE: [oletrucks] Historic Plates for Licensing

To: "'Charles Culver'" <sculver@iwl.net>, Sandy Sexton
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Historic Plates for Licensing
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:00:29 -0600
Smokey (and me) don't have to worry about mileage using
Classic plates in Texas because there are no state
imposed limits.  However, if we had Antique Texas plates
there are limits.

Same thing applies with insurance.  Antique insurance
is real cheap based on limitations in the policies
of how many miles and under what conditions you can
drive your truck.  Typically, you are limited to
driving to, in and home from shows, parades, etc.
And only a few thousand miles per year.  I met a guy
who was carrying this type of insurance on his '56
F^$d sedan.  He was involved in an accident and the
insurance company refused to pay because he was not
involved in "covered" activity.  So if you plan on
driving your truck, make sure you get real insurance
for it.