Re: [oletrucks] truck story

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] truck story
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:42:16 -0600 (CST)
Last fall (it was late October) I took my 57 3200 to the Valvoline Instant
Oil Change (had to bring my own filter) just before putting it away for the
winter.  It's a truck that receives good care now but has had a long and
hard life.  In the line for the next stall was a guy with an absolutely
cherry 56 T Bird, doing pretty much the same thing.  The conversation came
around a half hour later to what I did with the truck.  "Haul lumber, drive
it to work every day like God intended, haul the kids' bikes and other
stuff around."

He just smiled wistfully.  I think if I offered, he would have traded just
about even up at that point.

Then there were the comments from the crew in the store, about the 18
grease fittings (it was a record for them) being able to see the floor
under the engine with the hood open, and so on.

Thanks for the articles on steering wheels.  That sounds like an excellent
winter project that I can bring inside.  They couldn't have come at a
better time.  Gives me a real good reason to get the turn signal switch
well and truly rebuilt too.  Also gave me a little inspiration to spend a
few minutes in a cold garage getting these things off.

Isn't it great to be talking about trucks again?  If I ever get to heaven,
I expect to be able to go to the local Chevy dealer and just buy a new
one....

Hope this isn't too far off topic.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200