[oletrucks] Back in Time aka today in Idaho

To: "David Clark" <DCLARK3@MMCABLE.COM>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Back in Time aka today in Idaho
From: Don Hartman <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 13:10:58 -0700
Heck David-  you've got a couple years on me, but that's the way things are
here in Idaho...  still.  Only thing I think you overlooked was those
little sugar candies stuck to the wax paper by the hunnerds, in nice little
rows.  Then there's the 'Necco' coin wafers.  Remember those?  The other
day while at work I sent an email out because we'd mis-placed a FedEx
package, and I started the message with 'One-Adam-12, One-Adam-12...' and
everybody responded wanting to know what the heck I was talking about.

Now, to stay within the rules and talk trucks...  for those of you that are
still with us, I propose the following for review and comment:

The ole girl starts right up in the morning, even in below zero temps.  On
the short drive to work, she gets wound up to about 2950 RPM's.  Here's the
concern... in the mornings when it's colder, the speedometer reads ~ten
miles per hour faster than when the temperature outside is warmer.  Even at
the same RPM on the same highway.  The trans is an electro-mechanical
overdrive, but the speedo cable is completely mechanical.  Ponder this one
fer a while, and let me know what y'all think.  That is... if'ns there's
anybody left.

Don
'55 2nd DeLuxe