[oletrucks] I need a source for radio nuts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] I need a source for radio nuts
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 21:52:47 -0600
These are the nuts that go on the volume and tuning shafts
that stick out through the dash on a 57 GMC.  I don't
know if they are the same size on a Chevy radio or not.

I do know that they are an extremely wierd size.
1/2" x 28 threads per inch.

I have tried local hardware stores, Radio Shack, local
electronics supply houses, places that install car radios
such as Best Buy and plumbing supply places.  Neither
Carter's, LMC, Golden State nor Heavy Chevy list them
in their catalogs, but I have not yet called them to
ask.

I know that there is at least one person on the list
that restores old car radios.  Maybe he will have an
idea.