[oletrucks] Mallory distributor

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Mallory distributor
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:48:20 -0700
Grant:

I was realy glad to get away from my original distributor as well.  No
points to mess with:  "Set it and forget it!"  I did see a post on the
stovebolt site that said that vacuum advance is better than mechanical, but
(for now at least) my truck seems to be running really well!  If I was
buying now I would probably check out the new distributor from Langdon's
instead.

 BTW Mallory does still sell a dual point distributor, but in their
literature they say that it is a dated design, and they recommend the
4518001 Unilite electronic ignition as a modern application for the Chevy
235 and 261.

Alan
'50 Chevy 1/2 ton