[oletrucks] Flasher Contacts

To: OleTruck Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Flasher Contacts
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 19:39:00 -0500 (EST)
I need to know what the contacts on the flasher for the turn signals
are. There are three of them labeled X, P, and L. The best I can figure it
from playing with a multi meter is that one is a lead to the battery, one
to the ground, and one out to the light which grounds itself. Seems like
the center terminal, the P, would have to be the light. With more thought
than observation, I would say that X is ground, P is power, and L is
light, but the center terminal is never connected without power to the
thing. I was ready to hook it up the way I originally figured it when
somebody told me that that is wrong, so I thought I should check. There is
no schematic for the circuit in the switch nor any diagram outside of the
X, P, and L, which I'm not familiar with.

Any help would be appreciated. I plan to use a hidden switch for this
rather than the add-on flasher switch that attaches to the column. If it
is wired the way I expected it would be then my DPDT switch should work
just fine.

Thanks!

Rich Kosiba
'50 Chevy 3100