[oletrucks] Power brakes for AD

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Power brakes for AD
From: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:58:01 -0500
Tried to put a power brake set up from Carters into my 49 panel and it will not
clear the transmission cross member (stock).  Also, there is not enough room at
the stock location (even if it would clear the cross member) for Patricks floor
shift mechanism for the saginaw transmission (which I have installed).  Anyone
else have this problem.  Am thinking of going to the firewall but will need
swing pedals.  DId any year chevy trucks have swing pedals.  Otherwise may have
to use f@#d. Saw the tech article from one of the classic web sites (can't
remember which one at the moment) where they used a setup from a 69 f@#d truck.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a happy and safe Holiday.