[oletrucks] Rear axle position

To: "'Old Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear axle position
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:11:27 -0500
Happy New Year to all.  Now I have a quick question.

I know the rear axle on the 47-54 1/2 ton trucks isn't centered in the fender
opening as it came from the factory.  Unfortunately I forgot to measure this
offset before I took the bed off.  I'm now ready to install a GM 10 bolt with
new springs and hangers and would like to center the wheels in the opening.
Does anyone know off hand how much the axle needs to be moved to center it?
Seems to me that its about 3 inches aft but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Bill Whittaker
'53 3100 Hemi
Built Like A Rock