Re: [oletrucks] Rear axle position

To: "Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY" <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear axle position
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:03:45 -0800
Bill your kind of out of luck from us right now on that one.  See, just as
the old leaf spring suspension moves forward as weight is applied to the bed
due to spring arc, your dealing with a whole new ball game with your new
springs and hangers because it's positioning of the rearend will be slightly
different then someone with the same suspension but older springs that have
lost some of the arc.   I think it's best that you set the bed back with
fenders and make sure the trucks at ride height to center your tire and rim
combination in the fender opening.

Joe