[oletrucks] Frame-mount SS gas tank for 47-54 AD trucks in magazine...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Frame-mount SS gas tank for 47-54 AD trucks in magazine...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:36:27 EST
    I was perusing the mag rack at Books-A-Million, and they have THREE
different Classic Truck magazines now at one time. :) In one of them, they
have an article on a stainless steel tank kit to install a rear-frame mounted
gas tank ( between  the rear frame horns by the rear bumper ), it looked
pretty good. I didn't read enough of the article so didnt find out if it
covered Panels and Subs as well as the p/u trucks. I'm a TF kind of guy, ya
know. :)  Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as some of you Ol Truckers had
wanted another gas tank option, and now there is one being made for them. Was
hoping to find if there was a Sub/Panel gas tank option. I still think that
using the Chevy Blazer or full-size Chevy p/u frame mounted saddle tank is a
doable option, as they look like exactly the same design as my '55 TF
Suburban tank mounted on the side frame. Even the same side. :) So, go have a
look at your local magazine display, to find the article. Have a good Friday!

 Jerry Casper
 Woodbridge, VA