RE: [oletrucks] suspension/ride height question

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] suspension/ride height question
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:53:50 -0700
That's a neat truck!  My guess is that springs are
about the only thing that could be wrong with it.
It's also possible that someone added a leaf or two
to the rear springs.  The suburbans usually had the
heavy duty rear springs with an extra leaf, but
often folks add one more to "help".  Just look at
the lengths of the leafs...they should get longer
the higher up in the spring they are, and all look
about the same.

Old 4x4s have blocks in back, and none in
front...that's the normal setup.  I have a 66 GMC
4x4 Suburban chassis here that I'm going to use when
building a friend's 64 suburban...it has the 4"
blocks in back, and sits about level (no weight on
it, now, because the body's off).

Jim
59s in AZ