[oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question
From: Mikerross@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:05:45 EST
During the restoration of my '56 Chevy Truck I replaced the fuel sending
mechanism inside the fuel tank, I ran new wires to the fuel gauge and
everything has worked fine for the past 5 months.  Now suddenly my gauge
reads empty ("E") all the time.

When I turn the ignition to the "off" position the gauge needle falls lower
below "E", below empty.  When I turn the ignition "on" it jumps to empty.
This leads me to believe my electrical connections are OK?

I've checked to ensure the wires are all connected at the fuel tank and at
the gauge.

Is their supposed to be a grounding wire coming off the fuel tank?

I would appreciate any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks.

Mike
'56 Chevy Truck