Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question

To: <Mikerross@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:26:38 -0800
Mike,

You should have a short ground wire leading from one of the sender unit
mounting bolts on the tank to a good ground which for the AD's was on the
center vertical brace on the back of the cab.

Sounds like the sender in the gas tank is bad.  Quick check is to take the
wire coming from the gas gauge to the sender off the sender and touch this
wire to ground with the key on.  If the gauge moves to full the sender in
the tank is shot.

Joe