[oletrucks] Blast Cabinet - Thankyou - Brake shoes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Blast Cabinet - Thankyou - Brake shoes
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:50:48 EST
Thanks to all for the info on blast cabinets.  I ordered a kit today from TIP
to make my own.  I figured I could get the good gun, foot pedal, gloves, and
accessories for the price of a harbor freight cheapo model.  I am a
contractor so making the cabinet will be easy.  I actually salvaged a rolling
aluminum frame that will make a perfect frame for a blast cabinet with a
working area of 60" wide, 36" deep , 36" high.  This way I can have the size
of cabinet I want without paying all the money.  The frame even has a grate
that will be perfect for it too.  I will let you know how it turns out in a
couple of weeks when I complete it.

I finished painting my front end this week so I will reassemble the axle,
springs etc next week.  I am going to need new brake shoes.  Does anybody
know who sells the big trucks huck brake shoes?  Carter only has some listed
in their book.  Are they expensive to get re-lined at a local truck yard?

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Neil Temple
46 2 ton
Arroyo Grander, CA