Re: [oletrucks] '59 rear end parking BREAKS...or Brakes....

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 rear end parking BREAKS...or Brakes....
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:27:13 EST
In a message dated 1/18/01 8:08:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
VIKINGHILL@aol.com writes:

<<
 Still lurking out here in digest land.  I have a friend  who has a 1950 3100
that he has replaced the rear with a 1959 1/2 ton rear.  He is now scratching
his head as to what parking brake cables to use.  I havent seen the setup,
but apparantly they use different cables and hook to the action arm different
than the AD trucks.  His question is can he use '59 cables with his current
original parking brake parts?  Also, does anyone have any exploded view
drawings of how this would go together?  He has brake parts from both
rearends kinda mixed up I think...
 I appreciat all the knowledge that I so eagerly soak up from you all.
 Thanks in ADvance,
 Casey Mathews
 -Ringgold Ga. >>

Casey,

  Not sure about interchanging, but which rear does he have from the '59?
open, or posi?  Both use different Ebrake setup to the backing plates...may
be why he is having a problem?

 Mike