[oletrucks] Rear Brake Cables

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Brake Cables
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:13:11 -0800
Hi old truckers

                    Re the question on cables for newer rear ends in our

old
trucks,in my case
                    a 52 GMC half ton 350 power glide to 65 chev truck
12 bolt
six stud.
                    As I out lined before with a note to the list,I used

emergency brake cable
                    assemblies from a local Napa type shop which gives a

cable
with correct
                    anchors for backing plate style and a threaded rod
you
attach to the wire core
                    and the rods will marry into the stock clevises I
got with
repro. rubber boots
                    from Chevy Duty. The cables are very long but can be

cut
inner and outer
                    jacket and when routed though the frame clamps the
result is
a very stock
                    looking positive cable set up and is a reasonable
way to
adapt to a newer
                    style rear.I can find part names and numbers for
you.

                                View my truck and setup at
http://sites.netscape.net/alanquin/homepage