<<but you definitely don't want to be smoking near a charging battery.
That would be a quick way to blow up your garage.>>
One evening, many moons ago, I was charging a battery. I had the charger
plugged into a shop light. I took the light to see how the individual cells
were doing and the plug attached to the shop light moved, sparked, ignited
the gas and blew the battery up in my face. Plastic shrapnel everywhere, but
I was miraculously spared. Nothing touched this rugged mug or thank the
Lord, these eyes of mine. I very rapidly washed the acid out of my eyes and
went back to work. The shop can be a very hazardous place, especially when
we're tired and not thinking clearly.
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959