[oletrucks] Toyopet 6 cylinders

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Toyopet 6 cylinders
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:51:51 -0700
I just started working at a machine shop part
time...fun!  and this job will let me get some of my
engines built that I've needed to do for awhile.

Two things I worked on already, include some Toyota
Land Cruiser engines.  One was to finish assembling
a 1964 vintage engine.  This one is almost exactly
like a 235, although it's been metricized...so
everything is just a little bit different.  There
are some minor improvements, but not many.  The
other one I worked on was a later model, I think
from the 70s.  I just worked on the head and
manifolds.  This head is a 12 port.  The exhaust has
individual runners, but had sealing problems between
adjacent exhaust ports...the manifold was warped
pretty badly, and the owner wound up buying a new
exhaust manifold.  The newer head has more modern
"bathtub" type combustion chambers, not the funky
chambers of the 235.

I don't know if the newer Toy head will fit on a
235, but it may be something worth playing with if
you have access to one, and some spare time.  Not
quite the same as a Wayne 12 port head for a GMC
302, but partway there at least.

Jim F
59s in AZ