Re: [oletrucks] Oil Treatments

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Treatments
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:52:20 -0600 (CST)
When I was growing up (60's) my dad was good friends with the guy who ran
the local bulk lube oil station for Texaco.  He ran a class operation.  He
had his choice of any oil Texaco made for free and he used, you guessed it,
Havoline 10 in the winter and 20 in the summer.  Sounded good enough for
us...

Don't you think that if this stuff were any good it would be in the oil
already?

Two possible exceptions.   I am a firm believer there is an advantage in
good synthetic oils in newer engines, though I don't know if the extra cost
is justified.  Also, I am a firm believer in coating everything that moves
with STP when an engine is reassembled.

Blessing every minute I spent with my old man in the garage when these
weren't such ole trucks.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN