[oletrucks] Tires

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tires
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:50:42 -0600
Hello friends and fellow truckers-

I have a question regarding tires.  The '58 has really cool looking mags
with short fat tires.  They look good, and keep the truck close to the
ground, but for driving in the rain, they suck!  Hit standing water at 50 or
60 miles an hour, and you're in for a hydroplane ride till you reach the
other side.  The tires are size P275/60 R15 107S.

Is this a factor of this size tire?  I know that my '50, which is on bigger,
narrower tires, handles just fine in the rain.  Any suggestions, besides not
driving in the rain?  Anyone in the Houston area have some standard size
wheels/tires they might want to swap?

Thanks!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)