[oletrucks] 46 Parking Lights

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 46 Parking Lights
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:46:32 -0500
I rewired my headlights by purchasing new three prong plugs and wiring these
back to the terminating block.  I also purchased new center posts with
springs for the parking lights and ran the wire back to the terminating
block.

Well on the driver side I can not get the parking light to work without
running a wire to the center ring (cup) that holds the bulb.  I took my
Drummel and scrubbed the whole area and can not get a contact to the cup.
What seems to be going on is that there is a larger circle about the size of
a quarter that the cup sits into.  This is some way is insulating the cup
from the frame.  If I run a screwdriver across this and touch the outside of
the cup the parking light will work.  My daughter came up with the idea that
I can take a chunk of aluminum foil and place it around the cup and touch
the frame then the light works (for now).  What I was thinking of doing was
filling the cup with solder out to the ring to make a contact.  The
passenger side works great without this.  Is there something I am missing?
I did not pull the headlight mount from the frame (last resort).  Should I
look under this piece - is there something like a JUMPER wire missing on the
driver side?  Has anyone got an idea?  I would like to keep it as original
as possible so I really do not want to solder.

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH