RE: [oletrucks] Shortening choke cable

To: "'tcape'" <tcape@weblnk.net>, Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Shortening choke cable
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:08:33 -0600
I recently did this on a set of choke/throttle cables that I
am using to control the fresh air vents on my 57 GMC 102.

1. Mark the outer sheath where you want to cut it.
2. Cut the very tip off of the inner wire if it is distorted in any way.
3. Pull the choke handle out a foot.
4. Apply heavy side cutters or a hack saw the outer sheath
        where you marked it in step 1.
5. Push the choke handle back in and cut the inner wire to
        the proper length.