Re: [oletrucks] Welding Progress Report

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, Deve Krehbiel <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding Progress Report
From: Michael Mendonca <mm@service-quality.com>
Date: 07 Mar 2001 16:13:39 -0800
Deve,

What a great account of the process you just did.  As it turns out, I have just
completed a similar project on a much more minor scale on my '54 Chevy 1/2 ton.
 The PO had drilled 3/8 inch holes into 3 of the vertical rails to "miss-mount"
a 12 V windshield wiper unit.  The holes looked like they had been drilled with
a wood bit and done with a beer in one hand and a smoke in the other.

After mineral blasting the entire cab, I JB welded a piece of sheet metal
behind the holes and filled them in with the same stuff.  Also, I used spot
putty to clean up any small imperfections and no one can tell.

Thanks for the story.

Michael