Re: [oletrucks] Welding Progress Report

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding Progress Report
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:56:52 -0600
I draw the line as far as feeling guilty about hacking a truck up at the
salvage yard. To me, thats what those trucks are there for. I have torched
many patch panels from various parts of these trucks and am lucky to have a
cooperative salvage owner who doesnt crush these trucks no matter how cut up
they are. Never know when a good piece could be used. I do try to hack up
just one or two trucks rather than all of them. The way I figure it, most
old truckers wouldnt weld as much metal into these cabs as I do. They would
find a better cab. I am preserving cabs that are pretty bad off. Makes you
sick when you realize the tens of thousands of these trucks that went to the
crusher over the years.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html