Re: [oletrucks] oletruck maintenance schedule

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oletruck maintenance schedule
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:24:08
List,
Cross rotating radials was a NO NO in the 80's but now all shops (at least
the ones I go to) recommend cross rotating radials.  I always have the front
crossed to the back and the rear pulled straight forward every 10K miles.  I
drive 3.5K miles a month and so does SHMBO so we have a lot of data to draw
from.  We haven't had any problems with radial belt separation.  Also this
schedule allows me to get 80+K miles out of 40K mile guaranteed tires.
Rotating the tires on Oletrucks at 5K miles is probably better becaust
Oletrucks steering isn't as tight as newer cars.
Durwood