[Top] [All Lists]

[oletrucks] Off Topic.....Set Screw Extraction

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Topic.....Set Screw Extraction
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:32:55 -0500
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I need some help getting a set screw out.
Along with working on my '47-2, I'm restoring a '66 Mustang.  The shifter on
the console has a "T" bar on top which comes off by loosening a set screw in
the side of the handle.  Only problem is that the set screw comes out with
an allen wrench, and the allen wrench hole has been stripped out.  How can I
get the set screw out?  Should I drill it and re-tap the hole?  If I do
this, where would I find a new set screw to fit the new hole?  Any other way
to get the set screw out?  Many thanks for the help!
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>