[oletrucks] Custom of Original

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Custom of Original
From: "Jake" <jacobh@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:23:05 -0700
I hadn't been following the evolution of this message so I didn't know that
was your intent, sorry.  As for the GMC parts.  I haven't had much problem so
far.  The hardest part is finding good chrome.  If you rod it and shave them
then hey no problem but I've decided to shave only the door handles so I need
the hood emblems and so forth.  I didn't want to have to deal with the
re-chroming thing but I may have to.  I'm not doing a resto, more of a
rodsteration but still keep that nostalgic feel so I can't say about GMC
engines, tranys, and so forth but you get the idea.
Thanks
Jake Heaton
1953 GMC Panel truck (Rod Project)
Preston, Idaho