Re: [oletrucks] Greetings!

To: Wayne <wgt@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Greetings!
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk200@att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:58:12 -0800
> My question is this:  The darned signal indicator light on the
> dash stays on perpetually.  Interestingly, it does flash 'off and
> on' only when signalling.  The unit itself is a hefty aftermarket
> (non solid-state) device mounted to the steering column.  The make
> is a "da"(?) and has 7 wires coming from it.  I have plugged in a
> new 6 volt flasher unit but the indicator light still stays on.
> Any ideas on a fix?
> I have thought about installing something that would reverse the
> condition  ..along the lines of a diode but am not sure how to go
> about this.

Hi Wayne,
I don't think a diode will do it, they flow current in one
direction, not reverse it. Maybe the indicter lamp is returned to
the wrong polarity. If it goes to the  battery try returning it to
ground or if ground try  battery. remember, the other side of the
lamp, not the lead coming from the TS.
--
Ben Bennett
I Haven't Lost My Mind -- It's Backed Up On Disk Somewhere