Re: [oletrucks] POR 15 ;-(

To: "McNulty, Bob" <BMCNULTY@csuchico.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] POR 15 ;-(
From: "Bill Current" <bcurrent@csu.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:48:23 -0700
Bob,
the POR15 paint, when properly cured, is a 'closed cell' paint, so nothing can
remove it because it cannot penetrate it.  Having said that, I did have a
similar experience with some brake parts I had painted on my Chevelle.  It seems
that while the paint is impenetrable, it can be gotten under if you have an edge
or scratch that the brake fluid can start at. It causes the POR15 to come up and
blister just like any other paint if it gets under it.  Hope that helps,
Bill C.