RE: [oletrucks] Widow-maker grille "guards" (no truck)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Widow-maker grille "guards" (no truck)
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:13:33 -0600
> I don't have any experience with this, but I would like to
> comment on your attitude. It seems inappropriate for you to
> blame the front end of a vehicle that hits you for the damage
> it may inflict, it seems rather like blaming the rope for
> hanging the criminal. The purpose of those grille guards is to
> protect the vehicles they are installed on, and they would seem to do a
> pretty good job of it.

Let's say you live on a corner where cars fly around and have driven into
your yard or knocked down your fence. So to protect yourself, you take 10
foot long pipe and put it 6 feet in the ground with concrete, then you pour
concrete down the middle of it. It would now most likely protect you from
the car, but kill whoever hits it. Let's just say its raining and some
person hydroplanes and hits this barrier you have created and dies ... you
can expect to be sued for everything you own and maybe even face criminal
charges. No one's blaming the bumper guard or the pipe, that's ridiculous,
they're blaming the person who dug the hole or tightened the bolts.

Bill