Re: [oletrucks] Cab Dollie

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab Dollie
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:37:19 -0500
On a truck I had, I just used 2x12's I had around and made a square box that
had the front mount area and just rested cab area on it. I put 2x6's across
corners and has some large casters bolted to them. You could even put more
2x's accross top to support on more floor. I tried to support where the
x-member's were already on floor. You can lay these cabs on their backs to
work on floor, depending on how rusty weak it is. I've even put them on
"face", the firewall and had no problem with balance and that part is
heavier and less rusty too.  I've always wanted to make a "rotisserie" type
that allows me to turn the cab 360*.  It could bolt to door striker area and
hood hinge area, but may be too much in way to work on it inside.  Good
Luck, sorry no pix or drawings!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)