[oletrucks] Panel Gas Tank

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Panel Gas Tank
From: "Jake" <jacobh@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:23:47 -0700
Hey, everyone.  First off, thanks to everyone who replied to my message.
Next, I found a tank.  It isn't a stock tank, and it won't use the stock
filler hole either but it fits perfect!  A 1955 Ford F100 tank!  I was looking
at the tank that was attached to the old frame for my dad's 55 and noticed
that it looked really good.  I took some measurments and it fits just perfect.
The filler next will come out of the side of the truck either behind the rear
pass or driver side fender.  To make it come out the driver side I'll have to
cut a new filler hole it the tank it's self as well as in the truck wall but
we'll see.  I'll have to fabricate some kind of mounting bracket but it'll
work just great.  Thought that I'd let all of you that own panels or suburbans
that this is an option.
Thanks
Jake Heaton
1953 GMC Panel truck (Rod Project)