Re: [oletrucks] Re: Hyddrovac

To: rgallagrrr@mcn.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Hyddrovac
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:42:10 EST
In a message dated 3/31/01 7:12:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rgallagrrr@mcn.net writes:

I've run a 50 one ton with stock brakes since 1978, maybe 1977.  I love those
14" rear drums.  This truck is a working truck which used to have my Manly
3-1/2 ton wrecking crane on it, and I towed home many fine rust specimens.
Usually overloaded.  It stops fine.  I don't need to improve the system.   If
you are disabled or live in San Francisco a hydrovac will decrease pedal
pressure by 2/3.  With all my towing I was never disappointed with the stock
one ton brakes.  A dual system is good for people who never check their brake
fluid level and wait  for the reservoir to empty before doing maintenance.
Everyone else can get along fine with a single system.
Bob ADler