Re: [oletrucks] bed wood

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bed wood
From: "Greg O. Pace" <59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:24:55 -0500
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the list and have been lurking a few days.  I've got my grandad's
'59 GMC 100 that I need a couple of odd parts for.  I searched the archives
and found the repro billet turn signal escutcheons.  Maybe I'll try a set if
I can't find a correct pair.

The other part I'm looking for is a gear reducer (??) for the speedometer.
The shop manual doesn't mention it.  The truck's a 270/four-speed.  The
"reducer" screws into the transmission, and the speedo cable screws into the
reducer.  When I was a kid (almost 40 now), this part went bad and I threw
it away (!!).  I then screwed the speedo cable directly into the
transmission.  The speedo reads much slower, but works.  Anybody got one?

Also looking for a parts truck with decent sheet metal (no bed necessary,
Chevy OK).  I'm in NW Alabama.

Great to see a list for these great old trucks!

Regards,
GOP

'59 GMC 100
'60 Caddy Conv.