Re: [oletrucks] restoring seat questions

To: stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] restoring seat questions
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:53:30 EDT
In a message dated 03/31/2001 11:26:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com writes:

<< I just tore the aftermarket cover off of my seats, and they need some help
 bad.  I should probably replace the foam, shouldn't I?  I'm not going for
 all original, so I don't mind using newer materials.  I'm going to have my
 local upholstery shop cover it with grey cloth.  What price range am I
 looking at for both top/lower?  If I tore it down to just metal
 frame/springs, would they fit it with a one piece new foam that held the
 original shape?

 Anyone have any pics?  Maybe examples of materials of cloth...

I had my seat completely rebuilt here in Greeley CO. I had them tear it down
to bare metal and use new foam. With wide-pleated fabric and vinyl trim, it
cost $185, which compares nicely with seat covers available from the truck
catalogs.