[oletrucks] Window removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Window removal
From: Nick_Griswell@SIND.COM
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:27:38 -0400
After receiving the set of prints for the cab dollie, I am finally in the
position to remove my cab.  My question comes in removing the windows.  My door
glass is already removed, but the windshield, rear glass and corner windows are
still in place.  Should I remove these before attempting to remove the cab from
the frame?  I wasn't sure if any type of twisting or handling would cause the
glass to break or not.  Also, when removing the remaining glass, what is the
best way to remove them, and keep them in one piece?  I have heard of many
different methods, but what are some of your experiences?  I was looking at a
Pro for the job, but that seems a little pricey.  Maybe on the reinstall.  What
do you guys think?  After all the best experiences come from the guys on this
list when it comes to our trucks!  Thanks for the help!

Nick Griswell
Rock Spring, GA
54-3100 5-window "FATBOY"

Nick Griswell