Re: [oletrucks] easiest V-8 swap

To: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] easiest V-8 swap
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:30:06 -0400
The over the top of the spark plug log type manifold will usually clear the
steering box and the clutch mechanism if you can find  one from 76 to mid
80's chevrolet malibu/monte carlo  type vehicles.  Can't use the truck
type/ chevy II or camaro/vette type as they downdraft in the center.
Clearances are tight but will work. I have a cheater set that I know not
where they came from and exit straight out the back but I'm not parting
with them as I will use them in the race car.
Also the earlier trucks had two bolt mains and the later ones 73 to mid
80's and on up have four bolt mains.
Roger G
51-3100 AD Huckster.

                    Stkcode