Re: [oletrucks] Stuck glove box door.....aaarrrrgggghhhh

To: tcape@weblnk.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stuck glove box door.....aaarrrrgggghhhh
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:31:09 EDT
Tom,

Been there - almost exactly as you describe. Problem was the amount of bend
in the tongue on the back of the glove box door. I don't recall which way is
too much (I'm on vacation and away from the truck). But I ended up having to
force mine open which broke the latch hook on the back of the lock. You can
order a new latch hook from Obsolete or other vendors and re-build the lock.
Then put a little bend in the tongue to the "safe" side and bring it back by
little by little until the door works properly.

The push button has very little movement even when working correctly. If you
have NONE that might be another problem - Try pushing in on the door while
pressing the button - to releave any pressure on the lock.

Another idea is to make sure it's unlocked?? When locked, it will have no
movement. Stranger things have happened.

Good luck,

Emory Hodges
EEHodges@aol.com
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"